I posted this chickpea avocado toast on my Instagram a while ago and you guys went crazy! My inbox was literally flooded with messages asking for the recipe, and I am happy to share it with you because, while the procedure might seem pretty intuitive by looking at the photo, there’s a couple tricks you need to follow to make this toast 100 times better!
When we are in a hurry, but still want to enjoy a nutritious gluten free meal, preparing this chickpea avocado toast, full of foods with a complete nutritional profile can be an excellent solution.
The quick and easy recipe I am sharing today combines the fiber intake of whole gluten free grains with the plant proteins, minerals, potassium and vitamin A contained in chickpeas, and with the monounsaturated fatty acids of avocado, which help us to lower “bad” cholesterol (LDL).
In addition to being extremely tasty, avocado can help suppress appetite as it keeps blood sugar levels steady for hours afterwards, leaving us feeling sated for longer.
To complete the flavor and the nutritional profile of this chickpea avocado toast, I like to add turmeric, a powerful anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants and which facilitates the elimination of excess lipids, and sesame seeds, rich in calcium, minerals and vitamin B.
I am sure you’ll love this recipe as much as I do, because a dish that, beside being delicious is also good for us, always tastes better!
One last thing before we get to the recipe: if you would love to enjoy a toast but are following a grain free, paleo or Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet, check out these other recipes I have for AIP Sweet Potato Toasts or this one for Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Browns.
And if you are more of a sweet toast type of person, check out this guide to make the most beautiful Gluten Free Unicorn Toast!!
Chickpea Avocado Toast with Turmeric (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- 5 slices of gluten free bread
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas, drained
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian Herbs
- 2 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan, toss in herbs, sesame seeds and chickpeas. Cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, then add in turmeric and salt. Cook with the lid on for 10 more minutes, until you see the chickpeas getting a bit burnt and creating a little crust.
- Cut and mash the avocado with a fork.
- Toast your bread (optional) and spread each slice with a thin layer of tahini.
- To assemble your chickpea avocado toasts, spread some mashed avocado over your bread and add the roasted chickpeas on top.
If you enjoyed the recipe for this chickpea avocado toast, make sure to share it with your friends and family on Facebook and to save it on your favorite Pinterest board, and subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post!!
Lots of love!
Leave a Reply