How festive (and cute) does this Chocolate Matcha Cake look?! During the holidays we all want to feel cozy and enjoy some quality time with our families sharing a home cooked meal. The problem is that most of the times, we get a little carried away with our favorite Christmas treats…
Trust me, I know what that feels like! I used to spend my holidays in Italy feeding myself with Panettone and mascarpone cream, ending up feeling sick and munching on carrot sticks to get back in shape
To give this healthy chocolate cake a bit of a festive twist, I decided to bake it in a gingerbread man mold and to give it a snowy effect by dusting the mold (previously greased with coconut oil) with a sprinkle of rice flour.
Whether you are on a gluten free diet or you simply want to eat gluten free, this little guy will make you drool.
He has a dark chocolate body, an apricot jam heart and some delicious matcha green tea buttons…
What more can you ask for??!!
Here below you can find the recipe for my Chocolate Matcha Cake, and if you are looking for more healthy gluten free recipes, check my EBook “Healthy Italian Desserts Made Simple” that collects all of my most delicious recipes, all gluten, sugar and dairy free!
Chocolate Matcha Cake
- 150 gr Rice Flour
- 25 gr Tigernut Flour (or Hazelnut Flour)
- 25 gr Sweet Potato Starch (or Potato Starch)
- 20 gr Cacao
- 2 Yolks (or 2 egg replacers)
- 220 ml Coconut Milk
- 15 gr Honey
- 20 gr Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Sweet Dessert Wine (Moscato)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 15 gr Baking Powder
For the Matcha Cream
- 4 gr Green Tea Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Milk
For the Toppings
- 30 gr 100% Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 tbsp sugar-free Apricot Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the yolks and the wet ingredients, mixing well in order to avoid lumps.
- Lastly, add in the baking powder and fold it in gently.
- Pour the batter in a cake mold (grease it with coconut oil and sprinkle some rice flour over it to prevent from sticking)
- Bake for 40 minutes and let it cool in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie and, helping yourself with a spoon, shower it over the cake with a spoon. Add some coconut flakes
- Mix all the ingredients for the matcha cream in a small bowl, transfer it in a pastry bag and decorate the cake to your pleasure
- Slice the cake and enjoy it with some apricot jam!
This recipe was linked to “Gluten-Free Wednesdays”, “Only Taste Matters” “Miz Helen’s Country Cottage“ and “The Better Baker“.
What a great idea for the holidays, this is adorable! Thanks for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!
Thanks so much Helen! I am so glad you liked this… it’s such a delicious festive cake!!
This looks delicious! I am featuring it tonight on Allergy-Free Thursdays. Can’t wait to see what you share this week!
Oh wow! Thanks Elle! I am super excited about that! Can’t wait to see it love and I am already starting to think about new dishes to share!!
I came across your Chocolate Matcha Cake (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar FREE) – Little Bites of Beauty website and wanted to let you know that we have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE website traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our targeted traffic network with a free trial as we make this offer available again. If you need targeted traffic that is interested in your subject matter or products start your free trial today: http://0nulu.com/csy Unsubscribe here: http://0nulu.com/nbz
Leave a Reply