While I really like the idea of dipping crunchy chips in guacamole, I refuse the nonsense of deep frying chips and consuming hundreds of calories in just a couple bites. And by sharing my recipe for these easy grain free tortilla chips, I aim to offer you a quick (and lighter) replacement for what’s often found in the stores today!
Why would you deep fry something, when, just by baking it, it can taste as crispy and delicious? I don’t get it!!
I personally love enjoying grain free tortillas stuffed with veggies and fish. Sometimes I make my own, following the recipe that’s in my AIP Italian Cookbook, and some other times I buy them premade at the store (I am sharing my 2 favorite brands in the recipe card below).
And once you have tortillas at hand, you can make easy grain free tortilla chips in just a second!!
Depending on the type of gluten free or grain free tortilla you use, these baked chips can be paleo and even Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) compliant. And you can enjoy with any dip you want: from mashed avocado to my nightshade free Babaganoush (that’s paleo and AIP as well).
And if you are looking for another great chip-like recipe, check out my Coconut Crusted Taro Fries, which are also baked, paleo and AIP!!
Easy Grain Free Tortilla Chips (GF, Paleo, *AIP)
- 4 grain free tortillas (choose your favorite grain free brand for this. I like Siete and The Real Coconut, but they contain xantham gum, so avoid if you are intolerant or on the AIP.
- If you are on the AIP, make your own tortillas following the “Piadina” recipe that’s in my “AIP Italian Cookbook”)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp dried Italian Herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the first tortilla on a clean cutting board, cut in quarters and then cut each quarter in smaller triangles. Do so until you run out of tortillas.
- Place all the tortilla triangles on a baking pan lined with parchment paper, add the oil, salt and herbs if you like and mix them will your hands.
- Make sure your easy grain free tortilla chips aren’t touching each other before you put them in the oven and bake for about ten minutes.
- Make sure you keep an eye on the oven as baking time might vary depending on that type of tortilla you use.
- Let cool down and enjoy with some homemade guacamole or AIP Babaganoush!
I am excited for you to try these easy grain free tortilla chips I would love to hear what you paired them with! What is the best dip to go with them? Let me know in a comment below!
And don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones on Facebook and Pinterest and I subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you can get in touch with me directly!!
Lots of love!