Finding a good summer drinks that are tasty, healthy and refreshing at the same time can definitely be challenging. And this mini guide about how to prepare a super easy summer detox water that’s also suitable for those on paleo and Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diets is definitely handy for this time of the year.
Luckily, I have always liked drinking water and I have never gotten into the habit of consuming soda, even when I was a kid. During my childhood, Sprite and Coca Cola were drinks I could only find at birthday parties… In my everyday life, I remember I was allowed to enjoy a daily pear fruit juice (my favorite flavor), which I used to carry with me at school.
While that is a lot better than soda, as the only ingredients were water and fruit puree, fruit juices still contain a lot of sugar. Growing up and becoming more health aware, I fell in love with fruit infused drinks, which manage to have a delicious flavor without any of the calories… nor the sugar, and therefore they are perfect for those on the AIP who need to limit their fructose intake to 25 gr a day.
The two easy summer detox water combinations I am sharing with you today only take a few minutes to make, can be refilled several times times (so you don’t have to cut all the fruit again), and make for a beautiful drink to serve to your guest, who will be a lot more impressed than if you poured them a glass of coke!
Also, adding fresh fruits and herbs (I love basil and mint) to these easy summer detox water recipes enrich them with minerals and vitamins and increases their nutritional benefits.
Easy Summer Detox Water
Watermelon Basil Summer Detox Water
- 1 slice of Watermelon, washed and cut in smaller pieces (I used a cookie cutter to shape the pieces like stars)
- 10 fresh Basil Leaves, washed
- 1 Apricot, washed and sliced
- 1 Fig, washed and sliced
- 1 organic Lemon, washed and sliced
- 8 cups filtered water
Cucumber Raspberry Summer Detox Water
- 1 Cucumber, washed and sliced
- 20 Raspberries (firm), washed
- 1 organic Orange, washed and sliced
- 20 fresh Mint Leaves, washed
- 8 cups filtered water
- Transfer all the pre-washed and cut fruits, veggies and herbs to a large glass bottle or pitcher.
- Pour the water on top, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Let this easy summer detox water sit for at least 3 hours and serve ice cold.
- Lasts for up to 2 days.
- You can refill the container 2-3 times before it begins to lose flavor.
Water is an indispensable tool to keep your body and skin replenished and hydrated, to facilitate weight loss, and to help flush out toxins. And with these easy summer detox water recipes you can effortlessly achieve the recommended daily ratio of 8 glasses of water (64 ounces)!
If you loved this article, make sure to share it with someone you know who needs to drink more water (or maybe drink less junk) and post it on your Facebook and Pinterest so you can always find it!
Do you have any other strategies to drink more water? Let me know in a comment below! I would love to learn from you!!