When you crave a warm bowl of milk and cereals but still want to have a healthy and nutritious meal, there’s nothing like some homemade grain free paleo granola enjoyed with a cup of dairy free milk (I love coconut and almond) or with some coconut yogurt!
This recipe is – like always – dairy and gluten free, it’s also free from grains and suitable for those who are done with the elimination phase of the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) and have already reintroduced nuts and seeds (here you can learn more about reintroducing foods on the AIP here).
I got the idea for this grain free paleo granola one night when I was at Whole Foods, browsing through the countless bags of gluten free granola… Man, were they pricey! And they had either had a lot of refined sugar or sweeteners I dislike (I can’t handle the funky taste of monkfruit).
What I had in mind was a grain free paleo granola made with no refined sugar and with a tropical type of taste… and one that wasn’t crazily overpriced! I headed to the bulk ingredient isle, bought everything I needed, and made my own grain free granola at home for 1/2 the price of the bagged one!
If you are looking for other awesome grain free breakfast ideas, you can take a look at:
- My Paleo AIP Oatmeal Porridge
- My Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
- My Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl (I love this one so much!)
- These gorgeous Unicorn Toasts
- My Grain Free Breakfast Cookies
Test these out and let me know which one is your favorite!!
How you Can Modify your Grain Free Paleo Granola:
If you are not fond of tropical flavors or simply want to switch it up because you already made this recipe, you can:
- Switch mango for apple sauce and dried pineapple for raisins and you have an Apple Strudel Granola.
- Swap banana for mango and dark chocolate chips for dried pineapple and you have a more rich and chocolatey granola, perfect for the cold months.
- Substitute walnuts with cashews, mango for pumpkin puree and dried pineapple for dried apple for a grain free paleo granola that’s perfect for the Fall!
Grain Free Paleo Granola (Dairy & Gluten FREE)
Grain Free Dry Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes,
- 1/2 cup Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Almond Slivers
- 4 slices Dried Pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Freeze Dried Banana
Grain Free Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 fresh Mango
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- *1 tsp Maca Powder (*optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well, then transfer on a large cutting board and coarsely chop with a big knife. Alternatively, combine everything in a food processor and pulse 3 times for a couple of seconds and put back in your mixing bowl.
- Prepare the wet mixture by combining all the wet ingredients in a high speed blender (THIS is the one I use) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine dry and liquid mixture well in your mixing bowl and spread this mixture evenly over a baking pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, mixing your grain free paleo granola halfway through.
- Enjoy with some coconut yogurt and fresh berries, or over some dairy free ice cream!!
Please, let me know how you liked this grain free paleo granola in a comment below! Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, save it on your favorite Pinterest board and subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post!!
Lots of love and ciao!
Leave a Reply