I baked these AIP grain free tea cookies one day I invited my cousin over at my house. She’s neither on the AIP nor following a gluten-free diet, but she fell in love with these cute leaf-shaped cookies so much that she asked for the recipe!
…Thank God for tea on the AIP! While the Autoimmune Protocol could look like a crazy tough diet (at least during the elimination phase), if instead of focusing on what we can’t eat, we cherish what we can have instead, life starts smiling again 🙂
And what’s better (and more healing) than enjoying a tea with some close friends and savor some delicious AIP paleo cookies while having a nice chat?
Remember: healing from an autoimmune disease is as much about diet as it is about those lifestyle changes that allow us to remove stress from our day, take time for ourselves, rest and spend quality time with friends cultivating non-toxic relationships.
What I love about these grain-free tea cookies is that, despite being free from gluten, dairy, nuts and refines sugar, they please the palate of every single eater, even those who are used to traditional store-bought cookies!
Simply bake them, display them on a platter, and have your family and friends try them. They will keep asking for more, and you will simply feel normal, as if you were not following some weird diet protocol that prevents you from enjoying food with others… but more like you are making people happy, making them good food that’s also good for them!
And if you want more crowd-pleasing recipes like this, make sure to check out my “AIP Italian Cookbook”, packed with delicious Italian food that’s compliant with the Autoimmune Protocol.
Grain Free Tea Cookies (Gluten & Dairy Free, Paleo, AIP)
For the Grain Free Tea Cookies:
- 40 gr Tigernut Flour
- 50 gr Arrowroot Flour
- 50 gr Cassava Flour
- 30 gr Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp Ginger Powder
- 70 gr Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Limoncello (the alcohol will evaporate while baking)
- *1 tbsp Mesquite Powder (Mesquite is technically a legume so avoid during the elimination phase of the AIP))
For the Green Tea Icing:
- Preheat the oven to 345 F (175 C).
- In a mixing bowl combine dry and wet ingredients, mix and knead well until you get a nice and smooth ball of dough. To save time, you can combine them all in a food processor like the one I use and make the process a lot easier)
- Place your ball of dough over a sheet of parchment paper, cover it with another sheet of paper and roll down your grain free cookie dough with a rolling pin until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Carve out cookies using your favorite cookie cutters (I love these leaf-shaped cookie cutters).
- Bake for 15 minutes and let them cool down while you prepare the green tea icing simply by combining all the ingredients in a small pan over low heat.
- Drizzle the green tea icing over your cookies, let them cool and enjoy!!
I can’t wait for you to try my AIP grain free tea cookies, and if you love them, please make sure to share the recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook!!
I am here for you, so if you have questions or need suggestions on how to replace certain ingredients, just leave a comment on this post!