Now that the Instagram world is raving about the trend of pastel-colored foods, it seems imperative to create a little tutorial about how to make healthy unicorn toasts.
In the last couple years, the palette of natural dyes has expanded: from traditional turmeric to beet powder, blue spirulina (a powder derived from an algae), green tea matcha and even chlorophyll extract…
Eating rainbow colored foods became a way to consume more superfoods in our dishes! The recipe for these unicorn toast is perfect for putting on the table a healthy and nutritious snack that no one can say no!
And if you do it with children, it also becomes a fun way to get together and propose a creative activity to your little ones!
Depending on the type of bread you prefer to use (I linked two different types in the recipe card), these toast can be made gluten free or completely grain free and paleo. And you feel up for it, you can bake your own paleo bread yourself using this easy recipe I have on the blog!
How to Make Healthy Unicorn Toasts (GF. DF & Paleo)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE UNICORN TOASTS:123123
- *6 slices of Gluten Free Bread OR Paleo Bread (check the ingredient list to make sure you are ok with the ingredients) OR make your own using this recipe
- 2 tbsp Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey or Date Concentrate
- 50 gr Coconut Yogurt (Cherry flavor)
- 50 gr Coconut Yogurt (Banana or Mango flavor)
- 100 gr Plain Coconut Yogurt
- 1 Passion Fruit
- ¼ of Banana
INGREDIENTS TO COLOR THE YOGURTS:
- 1 pinch Turmeric to add to banana or mango yogurt
- ½ tsp Beet Powder to add to cherry yogurt
- 1 pinch Blue Spirulina to be added in half of the plain yogurt
- ½ tsp Green Matcha powder to add to half of the plain yogurt
- Cut the banana in coins and, with a cookie cutter, cut out the shape you prefer.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread in a non-stick pan for about a minute.
- Spread a light layer of coconut butter and honey on the toast.
- With a teaspoon, create stripes of color with the different flavors of yogurt.
- Decorate your unicorn toasts with passion fruit, carved banana coins, and enjoy!
I hope you guys liked this little “how to” post and I can’t wait to see your healthy unicorn toasts so don’t forget to tag me when you share your creations on social media!