Thanksgiving is coming and I have a simple, tasty idea for you! These oven roasted carrots and parsnips are a perfect side dish to accompany a protein based entree, such as fish or chicken, and it makes for a very festive recipe that you can enjoy with your loved ones!
I love this dish because it’s super easy to make it and once you put your casserole in the oven, you don’t have to do anything and just wait for the carrots and onions to get soft, juicy and caramelized! …Just make sure you set a timer so you don’t forget to take it out in time!
I think these oven roasted carrots and parsnips make for the perfect Christmas or Thanksgiving side dish because they are delicious even when heated up, so you can easily bake them ahed of time without worrying that they’ll be mushy the next day. You can easily prep them in advance, transport them to somebody’s house and quickly reheat them in the oven for a few minutes before serving!
Want more Healthy Veggie Based Side Dishes?
If you like these oven roasted carrots and parsnips and want more ideas for healthy and delicious Thanksgiving side dishes, check out these other recipes I published:
Oven Roasted Carrrots & Pasnips (Dairy & Gluten Free, AIP)
- 3 Large Parsnips
- 9 Carrots
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 10 leaves of Sage
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a casserole with EVOO and finely chop all the fresh herbs.
- Peel and dice all the carrots and parsnips, thinly slice the onion and place them in the casserole.
- Sprinkle the freshly chopped herbs on top, season them with salt and ground ginger and mix well.
- Put a cover on your casserole (or a sheet of aluminum foil) and bake for 50 minutes or until the veggies are soft and caramelized.
Enjoy these Oven Roasted Carrots and Parsnips and don’t forget to send me a photo of your recreations!
Lots of love and ciao!