As you guys know, I love dessert and carrot cake is definitely one of my favorites (except for the frosting, which I hate). So… to make a healthy version of the original, I came up with this carrot cake smoothie bowl, a great way to add veggies into your breakfast (or even lunch if, like me, you like to prepare something quick and nutritious instead of cooking).
This carrot cake smoothie bowl is lusciously creamy and it’s complete with lots of healthy toppings that, by forcing you to chew, stimulate the production of salivary enzymes that are responsible of activating digestion and stomach acid so that your digestive tract is fully capable of assimilating all the good nutrients you are taking in.
And the nutrients in this carrot cake smoothie bowl are plenty!! Healthy fats from the nut butters, coconut milk and avocado, proteins from the collagen, fibers from the avocado and zucchini, low fructose carbohydrates from the carrots… together with all the crunchies on top, that help trigger digestion and prevent bloating.
What I love about this recipe is that it actually REALLY tastes like carrot cake!!! I think the secret for that is in the spices and the delicious and nutritious add-ons, like maca and mesquite powder that give a hint of sweetness and make it taste super decadent without adding any refined sugar to it!
And if you want a styling tip to make your carrot cake smoothie bowl beautiful, make sure to serve in a real coconut bowl!! I love these bowls so much… and using my CODE: littlebitesofbeauty10, you can save 10% on checkout if you want to order some!
Like all of my other recipes, even this carrot cake smoothie bowl is dairy and gluten free, paleo and, with a few modifications which I listed below, it can be enjoyed even if you are on the elimination phase of the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP).
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
This carrot cake smoothie bowl is a nutrient rich meal that will provide you will healthy fats, fibers and proteins without making you bloated
For the Carrot Cake Smoothie:
- 4 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ Banana frozen
- ½ Zucchini peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp full fat Coconut Milk
- *¼ Avocado optional
- 2 tbsp Collagen
- *1 tsp Maca Powder avoid if on AIP. Read WHY here
- *1 tsp Mesquite Powder avoid if strictly paleo or on AIP. Ready WHY here
- ¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Toppings:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- *1 tbsp Cacao Nibs avoid on the AIP
- *1 tbsp Almond Butter if on the AIP, replace with Tigernut Butter
- *1 tbsp Cashew Butter if on the AIP, replace with Tigernut Butter
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender or a food processor, add some more coconut milk if you need but not too much so it stays thick.
- When creamy, pour your carrot cake smoothie in a coconut bowl (DISCOUNT CODE: littlebitesofbeauty10), top it with all the toppings and enjoy!!
I hope you enjoyed this grain free carrot cake smoothie bowl and, if you did, please share it with your friends and family on your Facebook and Pinterest, and subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post!!
Lots of love!
PS: If you are carrot lover and are in the mood for something savory, check out my Carrot & Ginger Soup, which is also paleo and AIP. You are going to love that!
Leave a Reply