Sometimes you don’t feel like baking (or you simply don’t have time for it), and having easy recipes on hand – just like these paleo chocolate covered strawberries – is crucial to quickly throw together a healthy, sugar free dessert without snacking on processed sweets.
What I love about this recipe is that is’s ready in a few minutes, naturally paleo and gluten free (of course, if you use dairy free, dark chocolate), and it always makes for a great presentation!
In fact, I found that serving these paleo chocolate covered strawberries in some pretty paper liners, really enhances the overall look of this healthy dessert.
Of course, the edible violets are optional, and you can chose to replace them with other types of edible flowers or other healthy toppings, like crushed hazelnuts, almond slivers and even some bee pollen if you like it!
Also, for the strawberries in these photos I used chocolate sprinkles as I was out of cacao nibs, but I think the latter would make for a way healthier option 🙂 And you can always brush them with some date syrup if they are too bitter for your taste 😉
Now, let’s dive straight into the recipe and don’t forget to let me know your thoughts or questions by leaving a comment below!!
Easy Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries (GF & DF)
- 20 fresh Strawberries
- 75 gr (2.6 oz) 90% Dark Chocolate
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Chocolate Sprinkles (or Cacao Nibs to keep it sugar free)
- 20 edible Violets
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Wash and dry the strawberries, making sure to leave the leaves intact.
- Please a toothpick in each strawberry like you see in the photos and set aside while you melt the chocolate.
- Cover a large baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate either using a double boiler or by placing the chocolate in a small pan that you previously heated up over the stove.
- Holding one strawberry at the time by their toothpick, dip or roll in the pan until mostly coated.
- Place your paleo chocolate covered strawberry on the baking pan, sprinkle some coconut shreds, cacao nibs or chocolate shreds over it and, lastly, add the the violet.
- Allow cool down in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is completely hardened
- Place your paleo chocolate covered strawberries in some paper liners and enjoy!
I hope you loved the easy recipe for these paleo chocolate covered strawberries and that you want to share it with your friends and family on Facebook so they can try it too! Also, don’t forget to save this post on your favorite Pinterest board, and subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post!!
Lots of love!!