“After Eight” have always been one of my favorite treats growing up… (How could they not? I mean, did you try them?) But now that Sugar and I aren’t getting along that well anymore, I started to make my own Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Patties.
I have always been a sucker for the Chocolate-Mint combo and, when I was a kid, “Gelato Menta & Cioccolato” has always been my favorite!! Imagine a regular Stracciatella Gelato that’s enhances by a refreshing hint of peppermint! … So good!!
What’s great about these paleo chocolate peppermint patties is that they have the same fresh taste of a Menta e Cioccolato Gelato (I like to store mine in the freezer :), without any of the sugar and dairy!!
Another plus is that they’re extremely simple: all you need is a flan or muffin silicon mold and… that’s it!! No oven nor fancy equipment required. And you can make them in 5 minutes!!
What I love the most about this treat is that it has only 5 ingredients, all of which are healthy and good for you!! 99% dark chocolate, gut healing grass fed gelatin, creamy coconut milk and an ingredient with amazing health benefits like Manuka honey!
I can’t wait for you to try these paleo chocolate peppermint patties!! I like to make them with Alec after dinner and then freeze them and enjoy a couple while we watch a movie. Or, just like you see in these photos, I like to use them to top my morning green smoothie, to which I love to add a few leaves of fresh mint!
Now let’s get to the recipe! I can’t wait to hear what’s your favorite way to enjoy them!!
Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Patties
- 70 gr 99% Dark Chocolate
- 50 gr Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- 1/2 tsp grass fed Gelatin
- Start by preparing the peppermint filling. Mix coconut milk, honey and peppermint oil and heat them up. Take them off the stove and dissolve the gelatin in it, mixing constantly.
- Store the peppermint filling in the fridge and mix it with a spoon every couple minutes, until it cools down.
- In the menatine, melt the chocolate in a small saucepan and, when melted, pour a thin layer on the bottom of each mold of a muffin silicon mold. You should use 2/3 of the melted chocolate.
- Place the silicon mold on a flat tray and store it in the freezer to solidify.
- When the chocolate layer is hard and the peppermint filling is cool and creamy, place a dollop of filling in the middle of each chocolate patty.
- Drizzle the remaining melting chocolate over the peppermint filling like you see in the photos and put your paleo chocolate peppermint patties in the freezer for a couple hours.
I can’t wait for you to try these awesome guilt free treats and, above all, to hear your feedback!!
Did you add any modifications? How can this recipe be better? Please let me know in a comment below and don’t forget to share these paleo chocolate mint patties on your Facebook and Pinterest!!
Big love to you!! Ambra
This is a brilliant and easy recipe Ambra!
Thanks so much Sylph!! So glad you liked this!!
What is the white powder?
Good question! That’s coconut flour, I sometimes add some for extra fibers!!
Leave a Reply