Paleo Coconut Macaroons are one of the simplest treats to prepare when you need a sweet recipe that’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
I have made these coconut macaroons one night I wanted to prepare a yummy breakfast for the following morning… and when I enjoyed them with my husband, dipping them in the delicious cherry smoothie you see in the pictures, I was gladly impressed with the result!
As you can see from the list of ingredients, this recipe is absolutely grain free and suitable for all those who are following a grain free paleo diet. As opposed to the traditional coconut macaroons, that are usually extra sweet and filled with sugar, these paleo treats are delicately sweetened with just a little bit of coconut sugar.
What’s also great about these pastries is that they are really rich and one goes a long way, they leave you satisfied without indulging too much and one batch lasts a long time.
Can’t wait for you to try them!!
Paleo Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the erythritol and the agave until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and coconut milk and stir well.
- Lastly add in the shredded coconut and combine until you get a dense, sticky batter.
- Take 1 full tablespoon of batter and roll it in your hands giving your macaroons a spheric shape.
- Place your coconut macaroons on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the macaroons, bake them for 5 more minutes and let them cool down completely.
NOTE: If you’d like to know what’s in the smoothie you see in these photos, I blended together 1 small organic apple, 1 small banana, 1/2 cup frozen cherries and 1/4 cup water. I poured it in a bowl and decorated it with a few drops of coconut milk.
Let me know how they came out and I send you all a big hug!