What better way to celebrate summer than with some fruity paleo gluten Free Strawberry Lemon Scones?? I am obsessed with this recipe because it’s super flavorful, as it features whole strawberries and fresh lemon juice in the batter; and also because it’s so quick and easy to make that I’m currently baking these healthy treats way too often than I should 😉
Here’s two reasons why these paleo gluten free Strawberry Lemon Scones are so addicting to bake:
Reason Number 1: You DON’T need to knead or dirty any mixing bowl because the batter is done from start to finish in a food processor (if you don’t have one, I am sorry. Since I finally got mine a few months ago, it’s been a total game changer in my kitchen)
Reason Number 2: When you are done with the batter, you won’t even need to touch it as it simply gets transferred in a pastry bag and squeezed out in scones over a sheet of parchment paper. Could it be any easier?
If you are wondering why these scones are coming out of a pastry bag instead of being cut out from a piece of dough like it happens with regular ones… the answer is: gluten free and paleo baking have their own rules and methods.
The flours we use in free-from recipes designed for people on special diets perform a lot differently than regular wheat flour (see my Guide about Grain Free Flours here), therefore they call for alternative baking techniques 😉 And in this case, it happens to be a lot better for us as the procedure is even easier than the one to make regular scones!
Now, let’s get to the recipe, which you can either decide to serve as it is or to decorate with some sugar free strawberry lemon icing that gives these scones an even fresher kick.
Paleo Gluten Free Strawberry Lemon Scones
20:00 – 25:00
For the Paleo Scones:
- 160 gr Fresh Strawberries
- 20 gr Erythritol or Coconut Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 20 gr Collagen
- 110 gr Cassava Flour
- 110 gr Almond Flour
- Zest of 1 Lemon, grated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Lemon, juiced
- 20 gr Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
For the Strawberry Glaze:
Follow my recipe to make Sugar Free Orange Icing, double the doses and replace the orange juice with the blended strawberries you set apart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Blend the strawberries in a food processor and, when done, take out 2 tbsp and set apart to make the icing.
- Add sweetener, eggs and collagen in the food processor together with the strawberries and blitz until smooth.
- Add in the flours, process again. Lastly, add in lemon juice, vanilla, melted coconut butter, lemon zest (save some for garnishing) and baking soda and process for a few more seconds.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, transfer the batter in a pastry bag (or a Ziplock bag in which you cut a small hole in one of the bottom edges) and squeeze out some of the batter creating a thick circular shape.
- If needed, flatten your paleo scones down with a spoon until 3/4 ” thick.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on your oven) until you see they have a golden crust.
- Let them the cool down and prepare the ingredients for the sugar free strawberry icing.
- When done, drizzle some icing on top of your paleo gluten free strawberry lemon scones and finish them with a sprinkle of grated lemon zest.
I am sure you are going to love these paleo gluten free Strawberry Lemon Scones and I can’t wait to see your recreations so make sure to take a photo and tag me on Facebook and Instagram and I’ll share them on my Instagram Stories!!
Like always, make sure to pin this recipe in your favorite Pinterest board and share it on your Facebook so that you can easily find it when it’s time to bake!
Lots of love from Italy,