Whether you are gluten intolerant, have an issue with grains and dairy or are following the Auto Immune Protocol (AIP), the one thing you all have in common is that you all deserve to celebrate love with a treat… and these Paleo Valentine’s Day Cookies are your best bet to satisfy every kind of food intolerance!
Now, I know you’ll be asking me: if these are paleo Valentine’s Day cookies, why the heck did you decorate them with poker symbols?!?
Well, the answer is that these specific Valentine’s Day cookies are the paleo treat I made for Alec, whom, as you might know, is a professional poker player… So why only carving out hearts when I can play around with chocolate covered spades, clubs and diamonds?
And this is what I invite you to do too: think about a passion or a characteristic that can apply to your love, and use that to personalize your paleo Valentine’s cookie recipe too!
Another cool thing about these cookies is that they are really fun to make! I loved dipping my tiny painting brush into melted chocolate and decorating my Valentine’s treat with a yummy layer.
If you are on the AIP and haven’t reintroduced cacao yet, you can use my recipe for carob chocolate, which is a delicious alternative.
And if you just want to be quick, and got overwhelmed when you read the words “painting brush” (!!!), don’t worry, you can absolutely go the easier route and simply dip part of your paleo Valentine’s cookies into melted chocolate.
MELTING CHOCOLATE TIP:
As per the best way to melt chocolate and have it be perfectly smooth and liquid, here’s a little secret that my Dad taught me: ”
“Don’t place your chocolate directly over the burner. Simply turn on the stove, place your chocolate in a ceramic cup and leave this close to the burner enough to feel the heat and slowly start melting”.
And if you want to make your chocolate layer even more indulgent, add a few drops of coconut milk and Manuka honey in it!!
Paleo Valentine's Day Cookies (GF, DF & AIP)
- For the Cookies:
- 100 gr Tigernut Flour
- 70 gr Arrowroot Flour
- *10 gr Maca Powder (*avoid if on the AIP)
- 40 gr melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- 25 gr Coconut Milk
For the Toppings:
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Pomegranate Powder
- 25 gr 99% Dark Chocolate or Carob Chocolate (see RECIPE here)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl combine tigernut flour and arrowroot and mix well.
- Add in the maca powder and all the remaining wet ingredients and knead well with your hands until you get a nice and compact ball of dough.
- Helping yourself with a rolling pin, roll down the dough on a wooden board (or, if you don’t have it, you can simply place a sheet of parchment paper on the table) until ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your paleo Valentine’s cookies, place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool and, when ready, decorate them with some melted chocolate (I used a little painting brush to decorate mine).
- Lastly, sprinkle some lemon zest and pomegranate powder on top and serve to your love!
I an sure you guys are going this recipe and I can’t wait to hear how you personalized these paleo Valentine’s Day cookies for the person you love… so make sure to let me know in a comment and share some photos on your social media!
And like always, I am always grateful when you click “share” and show my recipes to your family and friends!
Have the Best Valentine’s Day!! Ambra
This looks like another wonderful recipe to try Ambra. Cookies for your love. I am going to have to think how to personalize mine for my hubby!
Sylph, thanks so much dear!! Can’t see what you come up with!!
Leave a Reply