I know you guys loved my interview with Marie from 8th and Lake ! I couldn’t believe how many shares that post had… and, as Marie and I promised at the end of that post, here is one of her best recipes, her Spicy Baked Stuffed Avocado thatI can’t wait to try it!!
Here are the words that Marie used to describe this recipe:
“This is actually one of the top posts from my blog and it’s a simple one! My Baked Stuffed Avocado is a delicious and quick breakfast. You can make it in advance and reheat in the morning for a simple meal that feels like a fancy brunch. Top it with anything you’d like.
And to keep it vegan, forget the egg, and stuff with chickpeas or quinoa and pesto sauce for a creamy alternative”
Baked Stuffed Avocado
- 2 Avocados
- 4 organic Eggs
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 1 Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbspHarissa (optional)
- ¼ tspChili Flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ Lime, squeezed
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 400F.
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out a bit of the flesh from the center (think about digging a little whole in the middle of the avocado without piercing through to the other side) and save the rest for a later salad.
- Add a small layer of harissa in the whole.
- Crack the egg into the whole – try to get the yolk in the whole while the white part spills over the pan and around the avocado.
- Add a pinch of salt and let this bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once it bakes off, take it out from the oven and add on all your toppings with a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
I can’t wait to try this recipe. It sounds so good and easy to make that this must be a winner anytime you want to surprise your guests with something that looks beautiful and you can whip up on the fly!
I’m sure you’ll love it too and I can’t wait to hear what you think about it.